Wondering what to do in your free time?
Where it is informative and most importantly it is boring to spend the weekend with children in Kiev?
If you are an inquisitive person, adore discovering something new for yourself, then you definitely should visit the jellyfish museum.
This is, without exaggeration, a unique place where a magnificent collection of living jellyfish from various parts of the water world is collected.
It was opened relatively recently, in the center of Kiev, so getting here is not at all difficult. Here you will have the opportunity to observe the grace of the most ancient representatives of the marine fauna, to learn about their features and great importance.
Interesting facts about jellyfish
- Jellyfish belong to the oldest forms of life that settled our planet more than 600 million years ago, and this is much earlier before the appearance of dinosaurs or the same crocodiles.
- Today, science is known for the type of jellyfish Turritopsis Nutricula, which has a unique feature and is rightly considered the only immortal creature among living organisms.
- It is believed that the observation of the graceful movement of jellyfish in aquariums helps to find peace of mind, relieves stress and a positive effect on the human nervous system.
- Jellyfish, by their structure, have two nervous systems
- Jellyfish live in both salt water and fresh water..
- According to statistics, the most dangerous jellyfish for humans is the sea wasp, which can take the life of one touch of a three-meter tentacle.